Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Year! My 2017 is going to be...

Hello Everyone!
I hope everyone had a wonderfilled holiday season!  Mine was filled with family, fun, food, and fabulousness!! My favorite time of year! I'm so grateful for our time together.
Taking a winter break is good for my family, and it is also good for me as a teacher. Two weeks away from my class always makes me a better teacher. The rejuvenation of mind, body, and perspective energizes and focuses me. So....here we go!
We hit the ground running on Tuesday when the kids came back from break. I love starting off a new year with lots of goal setting. We talk a lot about what resolutions are and how they can help us set goals. We brainstorm ideas of ways to "knock someone's socks off!" 



Then we talk about how we hope the new year is going to be great!! With a focus on adjectives, we brainstorm words to describe the new year, have fun writing them, and publish our writing in a fun way. 









I have done this hands to heart publishing for many years (at least 20!), but this year decided to combine it with our math and our science objectives. We used all plane and solid figures for the project. And to incorporate some science, we are finishing up our study of sound energy, so the horns were the perfect final touch!

Both of these fun activities (and so much more) are included in my Happy New Year Unit.
If you need something to welcome kids back from break,
68 pages of cross curricular New Years fun!


Oh! I so wanted to share more tonight, but It's report card organization night! So gotta run!  But I'll share more in the next couple of days!!! So don't stay away for long! 
Have a wonderful night, and as always, thanks for stopping by!
Joyfully!
Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!