Sunday, January 19, 2014

Author's Audience

Hello Everyone!
Just a quick post and share tonight.  This coming week we will be working on understanding that writers write for an audience and that our writing changes depending on that audience. This is sometimes hard to teach so I wrote a quick little chant, made a mini poster and a quick idea recording page to help make that connection.


We will create a large chart in class with student ideas for audiences. We will also chart responses for how to make sure our writing matches our audience. During Writers Workshop mini conferences students will get used to my asking who their audience is? 
Can you use this little printable? Good! CLICK HERE!!
Yes! It's free!

That's all for tonight!! Have a memorable 
MLK Day tomorrow. 
We have teacher inservice, so we won't have kids, but I hope it will still be a memorable day!
Thanks for stopping by!! Don't forget to leave a little comment!!
Joyfully!
Nancy





4 comments:

  1. I like this idea! I have been working for two weeks on author's purpose and point of view, but my kids are still struggling. Do you have any ideas? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I am going to use this next week!!! My kindergarteners are stuck on some of the "who's your audience?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just came across your blog and I'm loving it. I'm a first year writing teacher and you have wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!