Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Minute to Win It!

Hello Everyone!
So sorry, but just a quick post again tonight. We are going to our high school's production of Oz!  Many of my former students are either acting, singing, designing sets, costumes, etc!!  I can't wait!!
I did want to share a quick little game we are going to play at our Valentine Party next week. We did it last year as well, and the kids had a blast!! If you grabbed my printable from last year, please download this year's.  It's much cuter! :)
Here's a pic of the gameboard and the directions.



You'll need to gather a few things to play this fun game, but it is worth it!!  Last year I raced my room mom to see who could get through the obstacle course first.  We barely made it in a minute!!

Thanks for stopping by for a peek!! Stay tuned!  I'm working on a fun fish unit for our habitat study.

Have a joyful weekend!!
:) Nancy

8 comments:

  1. this is really cute...I've seen minute to win it games all over the internet and haven't looked into them as much, but will definitely now! :) If we don't have time to do it this year, I will definitely set time for next year

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Minute to Win It... but I do have one question: Does blowing the Pixy Stick dust make a really fun mess?

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, When you demonstrate for your class, you show them how to blow gently. I think I have a picture on last year's post. the kids really loooooove it! :)
    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok what is a red vine? Do I give them a random amount of smarties or just a stick of them? Do we sort into tens and ones during the minute or after? I love this! Can't wait to try it!
    ~Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynnette,
      A Red Vine is similar to a Twizzler except they are red, of course, and when you bite off the ends they make a straw. You can get them at Walgreens, CVS, or probably eve WalMart. I give them a whole roll of Smarties. Try to sort into 10s and 1s during the minute, but most kids won't get that far! It is so fun!
      N

      Delete
  5. Adorable! You could do candy hearts instead of smarties too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute & fun! Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!