Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hook Your Reader!

Hello Everyone!
This coming week we are going to work hard on improving our writing by including a "hook" or an effective lead in our pieces. We want to grab our readers and make them want to read the rest of our writing.  I made a quick anchor chart showing the kids many of the different ways to start a piece. I also created a mini poster to hang up along with clarifications. Can't wait to help my kids become even better writers!!



 

Have a joyful evening!!
Nancy
 

3 comments:

  1. This is so great! Thanks! I am using it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. You have such great freebies on your blog and great information. thanks for sharing. I have a couple of common core freebies on my blog today if you want to check them out.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this printable and can't wait to use it with my kids! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!