Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good Readers...

Hello Everyone!
What does it mean to be a good reader as far as first graders are concerned?  Well, let's let first graders tell us!  This week we created a new anchor chart for what we thought good readers do.  After almost three weeks of building these kids up as far as what we will work on this year, I think they came up with a pretty good list!  We added their ideas to a cute chart that will hang in our room.  We have extra flowers to add later as we dig into and grow our reading. Great job, kids!! 
I made a smaller version of the poster for kids to take home, or put in their Reader's Response journals...I haven't decided yet. 



 For your free printable version of our poster, click here! :)
  Happy Reading!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

I have to sneak in a sweet picture of one of my sweeties enjoying "practicing reading" with Stripes the Bibliobear in our reading tub!
:)

8 comments:

  1. I always love reading your posts!

    LOVE the good reader chart! And when I get my own class, I want a bathtub too! There's a class I sub for that has a purple one!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher
    and
    Endless Pinabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are touching the harts of so many children in a beautiful way, at the same time they are learning a lot in a fun way. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poster thank you for sharing.
    Tammy

    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Nancy, how are you displaying your books on the top of the shelf? Is something holding them in place? The space just draws readers to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone!
    Leanne- I used plastic gutters to hold my books. I cut one in half, painted the pieces and screwed them in to the wall. I love how the books are showing off their covers!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your ideas!! This is a great Poster. Thanks heaps for sharing. I can't wait to put it up in my classroom.
    Rhonda
    Classroom Fun

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!